Saturday, March 10, 2012

#73: Read 30 books, part V

#21: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time by Mark Haddon



This was a re-read of a book I read in college, for my Special Education class. It's written from the point of view of a teenage with autism who is writing a mystery novel about his investigation into the murder of his neighbor's dog. It's a good look into how the mind of person with autism might work.

#22: Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen.



I borrowed this after I found it in the back seat of my friend Melissa's car. I really liked it, I'm a bit afraid to watch the movie because I feel like it's going to be not nearly as awesome (I mean, it's got that guy from Twilight in it, I don't know how to take it seriously). I love elephants (see upcoming tattoo post for reference), and I love circuses in theory. I love the imagery, especially from the early 20th century, just not the reality of the lives it creates for the animals. But, whatever, the story is good, I love the twist at the end. If I'm remembering it correctly, the story was based on a few real elephants.

#23: Buffalo Lockjaw by Greg Ames.

This book was okay. It was about a guy returning home, dealing with his mom who has early-onset dementia, and contemplating assisted suicide.

#24: Zorro by Isabelle Allende.



I don't know why, but this book took me fooooooreeeeverrrr to read. I started it in November and didn't finish it until the start of February. Robert kept making fun of me, but it was very small print, and a lot of pages! It is basically the back story to Zorro. I just couldn't really get in to it (another reason why it took me so long to read).

#25: The Hunger Games by Suzanna Collins



Yep. I got addicted too.

No comments:

Post a Comment