Saturday, December 18, 2010

#23: Table at a zine fest.

This item is officially in progress! This week I registered as an exhibitor at the Chicago Zine Fest. I went to it at the last minute by myself last year, and dragged a girl I had know for five minutes at my hostel with me to the zine reading. The zine fest itself was great, I bought a bunch of great zines, and traded for even more, saw an old friend from my days living in Grand Rapids, went to workshops and got delicious cheap Indian food. Yums.

So, I'm really excited to be tabling this year! The zine fest is March 25th & 26th and I can't wait. I even put my name in to read at the zine reading on the 25th (they choose randomly from the people who volunteer). This will be my second time tabling at a zine fest, I did Wolverzine at U of M a number of years ago, but there were very few actual zinesters themselves there, it was mostly crafts with a few distros. I'm stoked. And excited to have something push me back into the zine community, which I've been pretty absent from the last few years. Even when I have made zines, I haven't really put them out there. The last two issues of Checkered Past I never even officially "released" or promoted anywhere, mostly just giving them out to friends and family. I have two zines I want to finish before the fest, so I gotta get my butt in gear!

For more info: chicagozinefest.org

2 comments:

  1. Your post made me so excited because I went to it like you did last year, by myself, and I LOVED it! So I registered for a half table too! I want to get a couple done before then as well. This is oliviarrow from swap-bot, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yay! We'll have to trade our new zines when we're there. :]

    ReplyDelete