Friday, April 1, 2011

#23: Table at a zine fest.

Completed 3.26.11

I tabled at the Chicago Zine Fest the other weekend. It got off to a bit of a rocky start. I spent literally the entire day beforehand copying, cutting, assembling and stapling zines until 11:30 at night. Blair and I got on the Megabus to Chicago at 7:30 am, and about two minutes after we were on the bus I realized I had forgotten them all at home. After a couple minutes of freaking out and brainstorming plans that wouldn't work, I realized I had one copy of each issue in my backpack, so I could make copies when we got there. Unfortunately, I had spent $70 on copies the day before, and really couldn't afford to do that again. But, I called my lovely boyfriend during my panic, and he offered to pay for the new copies, as his contribution to my endeavor. Awwww. Then I had to enlist the help of Blair and Melody to help me assemble them all, which they graciously did. I also did a reading at the exhibitor reading the night before, which was a lot of fun. The day of the zine fest was a long day, but I had a great time seeing friends, meeting new people, having interesting conversations, and trading with lots of people and getting lots of new zines.

Like I said in the last post, this was kind of my "last hurrah" in the zine community. And it was a nice way to go out.

Besides the zine fest, I had a great time in Chicago with Blair, Melody and Jason. We ate lots of good food and talked a lot about criming, and our new best friends Darquavious and Cheezegravion Q. Pimp. Thus, I went on my fifth vacation, completing #43: Go on five vacations.

No comments:

Post a Comment