Friday, April 15, 2011

To-do list

What's your to-do list like? I keep two organizers/calendars. A smaller one where I keep track of my schedule/events/work days etcetera. I keep a larger one that is exclusively a running to-do list. It has big stuff, but mostly smaller stuff...like clothes I need to mend, things I need to mail, things I need to buy, etc.

I feel like I'm juggling a lot in my life right now. I wrote it all down to make it somewhat easier to deal with. Here's my to-do list of all the important stuff/what my life is right now:

Grad school:
-pick concentration
-mail copy of transcripts and certificate to admissions

Jobs:
-check AESOP constantly for subbing jobs
-mail transcripts to UPSM for subbing, set up meeting
-won’t find out til early-to-mid-may if I’m invited back for a teaching demonstration at UPSM, and then, if I get the job until the end of May.
-Prepare for interview on Tuesday
-research school
-practice interview questions
-update resume and portfolio (paper and on-line)
-Complete Ypsi High job application
-Apply for office/supplemental/part time jobs to survive over the summer

Roller Derby:
-Skate 2-3 times/week
-Attend Racer’s speed-skating class Mondays, as often as possible
-Get outdoor wheels
-Practice jumping
-Increase speed/endurance
-Practice backwards skating

Tutoring:
-Tutoring every Tuesday for three hours at YMS when I'm not working
-Find some time to get to Clemente high to help with editing historical writing publication pieces.
-Figure out what summer program I want to be involved with and contact 826 about it

Mail:
-package and mail letter and zines to Billi
-find handheld recorder, finish tape to Nicole, mail tape, zines and list of distros for her to check out
-package and mail traveling notebook.

Arts/Crafts:
-Make a lot of new journals
-Get etsy shop up and running--re-design
-make more pads--including post-partum pads and wet bags, create “packs”, sell on etsy with help of Jessicalyn.
-Get journals ready for shadow art fair
-Come up with interesting table design/decoration for Shadow Art Fair
-Look into vending at Ann Arbor Artist’s Market

I hope your life is a little less complicated.

2 comments:

  1. wow, that's a pretty complicated to-do collection. Lists are the way forward though. Just found your blog by accident and was pleased to see someone a year in on their Day Zero challenge. I just realised that I am exactly a year behind you having only just started! Hope it is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah--I can't believe I'm a year into it! It's been fun so far, I hope I can keep up with it for the next 1 3/4 years. Good luck with your list!!!

    ReplyDelete