Friday, July 30, 2010

#37: Alter 10 items of clothing

Item #1: I turned an awkward length/awkward fit pair of pants my mom picked up at the thrift store for me, into a cute pencil skirt with the help of this tutorial!

Sorry, it's been a long day and I'm too lazy to take and upload photos of it now. But, as much as the pants were ill-fitting, the fabric was really interesting--black, with white circle prints--and I wanted to do something cool with them. I've been really into pencil skirts lately, so I just googled to find a tutorial on making some out of pants, because I knew someone, somewhere had to have done it before. I guess if I actually thought it through, I didn't even need a tutorial, but I wanted to make sure I did it right, so I got someone else's expertise.

Plus, I got to strut around town wearing my new skirt and my favorite pair of heels. Mm-hmm.

1 comment:

  1. Laura,
    I'm really happy to hear you were able to make a skirt out of those pants. I knew they were pretty cool when I got them. I thought you could put them to some good use. I am looking forward to seeing you strut your skirt down state

    ReplyDelete