Friday, July 30, 2010

#51: Watch a sunset.


Technically, I only needed to do this once, but I've watched a sunset a few times, and I've been logging each one.

#3: This sunset I watched while driving through hills on a winding highway between the Badlands and Rapid City, SD (pictured above). It was the most beautiful one I'd seen yet.

#4: This one was witnessed while catching up with my friend Barbi, the only friend I have in the city where I'm currently living. From my journal: "We finished off a bottle of wine while talking on her porch, watching a beautiful sunset. The sky looked stacked in different colors. We had good conversation, and I felt so happy. Talking about how lonely the final years I spent in Marquette were, how desperate I was for friends and couldn't seem to make it happen. It felt so grateful and fortunate to be sitting and talk with a person I've become so close with over the past few months. I was feeling very content with my life."

1 comment:

  1. awwww I know that feeling you described in the journal entry

    ReplyDelete