Sunday, January 16, 2011

#37: Alter 10 items of clothing

Item #3: a V-neck sweater turned mini-skirt, or "hip huggie" as it's called on the site I got the tutorial from.



I used a sweater I've always liked, but it was a little short. I love it even more as a skirt! The only problem with the tutorial, is it's meant to make basically a hip warmer, or a snuggie for your hips to be worn over pants, not intended to be worn out of the house as actual clothes. As such, it's meant to just slide on and off, so I had to alter the patter a bit to add a zipper to hold it up so I could wear it over leggings without it sliding down (after a walk with the dog where I realized it slipped down to halfway off my butt).


If you're interested, the tutorial I used can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment