Friday, July 29, 2011

#37: Alter 10 items of clothing

Item #5 of 10.



I have had this dress for years, I don't even remember where I got it from, but most likely I got it from a thrift store/Value Village. I wear it occasionally, but as you can see it was a bit ill-fitting and frumpy looking, so I always had to wear a cardigan over it. I'm starting to think it's my lucky dress though, since I wore it to interviews for my student teaching placement and my job at the spice store, and I got them both. Nonetheless, I could tell it would be wayyyy cuter if it fit me properly.


Ta-da! Sooooo much better. I can wear it on its own now. I love pencil skirts, and I'm just in love with the overall silhouette of this dress now. I specifically altered it with my grandmother's memorial in mind, and this photo was taken after the memorial, hence the flower my mother made out of g-ma's scarves, and I'm also wearing her pearl bracelet. (ignore the claw hand, I'm holding my phone/just got off the phone w/ mom.)

No comments:

Post a Comment