Friday, July 22, 2011

#86: Make a new friend


That's me and Sam! Sam and I met this spring while going to speed-skating class and open skates, preparing to try out for the Detroit Derby Girls. We started carpooling because we live just a few minutes away from each other. Months later, we've both passed tryouts and are now Detroit Derby Girl Fresh Meat, and carpool to bootcamp!

I've been repeatedly surprised by how quickly Sam and I got close. She's so open, sincere and non-judgemental, which has been very refreshing. We talk about literally everything and there have been so many drives home where we find ourselves saying, "Oh my god, I've never told that to ANYONE." Gross stuff, sexy stuff, embarrassing stuff, it's all on the table. And we spend so much time together that whenever she talks about stuff that's happened recently, she always assumes that I was there. I'm so grateful to have a partner in crime along this new and exciting journey.

Sam, I can't wait to bout with you. Unless we get drafted to different teams, in which case I can't wait to knock yr ass to the floor!

No comments:

Post a Comment