Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Travel bug.



I'm really wishing I could work on the last of my five vacations for #43. The last couple days all I can think of is wanting to get away. I've got that itch, y'know? I think it's the weather, getting a couple months into winter, and with a major snow storm brewing outside. Unfortunately, I'm living pretty hand-to-mouth right now, and have no savings for traveling. So, I just have to wait out this winter at home, while dreaming of other places I want to be.

The last couple days all I can think about is how much I want to be back in Scandinavia, walking down the narrow cobblestone streets of Gamla Stan in Stockholm or the Haga District in Gothenburg; sitting on the Aurajoki river in Turku, listening to music from the jazz restaurant; eating at Earwax Cafe in Chicago; going out to Denver to visit my brother and take Robert to the mountains; Peru and Macchu Pichu; Spain, Italy, Germany, Boliva, Chile, Mexico, Guatemala, Nicaragua and Belize. I want to do it all!

Where are you dreaming of?


photo of Gamla Stan, Stockholm, from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment